Tour to The Hill of Crosses / Šiauliai (audio guide)
Discover the unique Hill of Crosses that became famous around the world when Pope John Paul II visited it on September 7, 1993.
Hill of Crosses Tour / Siauliai (audio guide)
Everyday at 9:00 o'clock
Duration: 8-9 hours
Price: 54 €/person*
Language: English audio guide
Start point: Vilnius Cathedral Square bus stop or free pick up from your hotel in the central part of Vilnius (please inform in advance at the time of your booking if you require a free pick up).
- Discover the unique Hill of Crosses that became famous around the world when Pope John Paul II visited it on September 7, 1993.
- Learn about the cross making craft - one of the most unique Lithuanian crafts included in UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage list
- Visit the hospitable town of Šiauliai with the unique statue of the Golden Archer and the Iron Fox
- Hear about the history, traditions and lifestyle of Lithuania
- Enjoy the picturesque sights of Lithuania during the comfortable drive
Price includes transport and audio guide in English.
- A trip from Vilnius to the Hill of Crosses (approximately 2,5-3 hours, a short stop for a coffee break on the way is possible if required)
- Visit to the Hill of Crosses (approximately 1 hour)
- A short drive through Šiauliai town, a statue of the Golden Archer and the Iron Fox.
- A stop for lunch at a local cuisine restaurant on the way back to Vilnius is possible on request (approximately 1 hour)
- A trip back to Vilnius (approximately 2,5-3 hours)
*Minimum number of 3 participants apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet the requirement. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative solution.